The Renesas RPBRX62N is a promotional board that exceeds the normal features of a demo board and comes close to a rapid prototyping board.
The board features a RX62N chip, a Segger J-Link JTAG debugger and a HEW IDE with a 60 days C Compiler license. Full option!!!
Renesas RPBRX62N Hardware
The pin header comes unsoldered and the plating quality is excellent. See the attached pictures.
The actual configuration leaves 4 (SCI) UARTs available on the header.
Other on-board features are a USB port, a joystick , a potentiometer, some switches, leds and the Ethernet port.
A SMSC LAN8700I – a ±15kV ESD Protected MII/RMII 10/100 Ethernet Transceiver with HP Auto-MDIX Support and flexPWR – makes the Ethernet interface.
Software and documentation:
The preloaded demo software features a web server built on uIP and shows some basic functions like commanding the leds and a VNC server that nicely substitutes a full display. The source code of the preloaded demo program is in the tutorial project/HEW.
Both demo webservers (Renesas and Segger version) are using 192.168.1.10 as default IP Address, but on the CD is included a IP identifier (IP Address Display Tool) software named UsbViewer.
Segger’s website provides a full .hws demo project and documentation. The direct link is here.
You can download also a EmbOS trial version for RX here.
The documentation is complete. The “RX62N Group, RX621 Group
User’s Manual: Hardware” (filename r01uh0033ej_rx62n.pdf) has 2014 pages and >50MB.
Renesas RPBRX62N Links:
e-Learning website: http://www.renesasinteractive.com/
Community website: http://renesasrulz.com/
LTE Components Drive Multimode Mobile Broadband
Enea and Freescale sponsored webinar: http://spectrum.ieee.org/webinar/2139648
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
2:00 PM EDT / 11:00 AM PT / 18:00 GMT (Duration: 1 hour)
The availability and performance of LTE components are becoming a critical issues as carriers move ahead with LTE deployments. Highly integrated devices using the latest silicon technology are transforming this market. At this critical time we take a look at the latest solutions involving LTE for cellular base stations as well as the emerging HetNet (heterogeneous networks) technology to provide the fully integrated coverage and bandwidth that are needed in next-generation mobile infrastructure equipment.
Rosin Flux or Water Soluble – Which To Use?
Date and Locations
Great free webinars at Element14/Farnell www.element14.com/webinars
- 13/06/12 REACH Regulations: steps to compliance
- 13/06/12 ON Semiconductor: Solutions for Driving High Brightness LEDs
- 19/06/12 Design Flow Series: A step-by-step guide to debugging an ARM based design with the Keil ULINK-ME 20/06/12 EAO Switch: Design Considerations for Effective Human Machine Interface Systems
- 21/06/12 Elektor Academy – AndroPod – Bridging Android and your electronics projects
- 27/06/12 Design Flow Series: BGA layout guidelines–Designing for manufacturability
- 18/07/12 Freescale Part 1 of 5 Part Series: Build your own Embedded System
Udacity (http://www.udacity.com/)Free Interactive Video Courses:
CS101 – Building a Search Engine
CS212 – Design of Computer Programs
CD253 – Web Application Engineering
CS262 – Programming Languages
CS373 – Programming a Robotic Car
CS387 – Applied Cryptography
Udacity was founded by three roboticists who believed much of the educational value of their university classes could be offered online. A few weeks later, over 160,000 students in more than 190 countries enrolled.
Udacity Team: http://www.udacity.com/us
What you can expect from X-fest 2012
Beginning in April 2012, Avnet and Xilinx will co-host FREE X-fest technical training events throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Japan.
The X-fest experience will feature:
- Full-day, how-to training for FPGA, DSP & embedded systems designers
- Multiple learning tracks – topics include “fundamentals,” “applications” & “Zynq™-7000 EPP”
- 75-minute training courses devoted to design solutions for FPGA circuitry & the surrounding components
- Specialized 7 Series & Zynq™-7000 EPP solutions training
- Practical, real-world design examples with an emphasis on:
- Industrial networking and control
- Video processing
- Wireless communication
- Motor control
- FPGA attach
- Partner demonstrations & exhibits that allow for direct interaction with factory experts
- A sneak peek at exciting new products, advanced technologies & design tools
ARM® and ST Free European seminar series on the new STM32 F0 MCU series, between 22 May and 5 July 2012.
Attend this FREE seminar and walk away with in-depth technical knowledge of the STM32 F0 series and a FREE STM32 F0 Discovery Kit!
Technical Documentation and Software ST page or direct links:
- Nvidia Mum on 7-nm GPU March 19, 2019Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang was silent on his high-end roadmap at a time when the company has a commanding lead in graphics computing and AI.
- Intel, Cray Win U.S. Exascale Deal March 18, 2019The first of three U.S. systems, worth a total of $1.8 billion and capable of exaflop performance, will be built at Argonne National Lab by Intel and Cray.
- U.S. Court Finds Apple Infringed Qualcomm IP March 18, 2019A U.S. federal court found that several iPhone models infringe on patents held by Qualcomm, a major setback for Apple in the patent fight between the two companies that has been unfolding in several jurisdictions throughout the world.