The QiLiCape – wireless power charging cape for BeagleBone
v.01 is here >>> QiLiCape-ioclk.v01 Eagle .sch file format.
v.02 will have some linux integration.
A new project is started: The QiLiCape, a BeagleBone cape that is a wireless power Lithium battery charger and power supply enabling the usb host support operation when in battery mode.
It’s a work in progress, an opensource project ignited by element 14.
Fetures a BQ51013A driven by a Wuerth Electronic 760308101 Coil and a BQ24075T battery charger with power-path management -separate power path for battery and system power.
Some useful stuff:
The BeagleBone: site, manual
Special thanks: BeagleBone courtesy of Shawn Silberhorn, Texas Instruments.
- EUV Results Bogus, Says Analyst August 1, 2014A veteran industry watcher and an IBM expert are at loggerheads over IBM's recent announcement of a throughput advance with the latest ASML extreme ultraviolet lithography scanner.
- PCIe Disk Drive Needs New Tests? August 1, 2014On the edge of deployment, it's time to create a new test environment for new PCIe technology.
- Has Sharp Dug Itself Out? August 1, 2014Helped by demand for small and midsized LCD panels, Sharp reported for the latest April-June quarter an operating profit of 4.6 billion yen, up 55 percent from the same period a year ago.
- Electromagnet maker Buckley Systems lays off 45 NZ staff August 1, 2014New Zealand Electromagnet manufacturer Buckley Systems has made 45 staff from its manufacturing facility redundant, blaming the high NZ dollar.
- Simulink Real-Time offering complete, integrated real-time simulation and testing July 31, 2014Simulink Real-Time introduced by MathWorks into its Simulink product family provides a complete end-to-end real-time simulation and testing solution.
- No breaks for Silex as nuclear partner decelerates commercialisation July 31, 2014WEEKS after restructuring is operations to focus on its uranium enrichment technology, Silex's partner will be slowing down its commercialisation efforts.