The QiLiCape – wireless power charging cape for BeagleBone
v.01 is here >>> QiLiCape-ioclk.v01 Eagle .sch file format.
v.02 will have some linux integration.
A new project is started: The QiLiCape, a BeagleBone cape that is a wireless power Lithium battery charger and power supply enabling the usb host support operation when in battery mode.
It’s a work in progress, an opensource project ignited by element 14.
Fetures a BQ51013A driven by a Wuerth Electronic 760308101 Coil and a BQ24075T battery charger with power-path management -separate power path for battery and system power.
Some useful stuff:
The BeagleBone: site, manual
Special thanks: BeagleBone courtesy of Shawn Silberhorn, Texas Instruments.
- 20 Freescale Staff and One IBM Employee on Vanished Flight March 9, 2014The vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members, en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur, had 20 Freescale staff and one IBM employee aboard.
- Mobile & Smart TV Disparity March 7, 2014For the smart TV to remain relevant in the growing strength of second screen devices, it must engender an applications development community that will provide as rich a selection of apps as is available on smartphones and tablets.
- Active-Semi Announce Scalable Wireless Mobile Charging SoC Solution March 7, 2014Have you used a wireless charger? If not, how long do you think it will be before you start counting this technology as a must-have item on your checklist?
- Photoluminescent exit signs not commercially viable says industry body March 7, 2014If installed in accordance with the NCC amendment, PL signs will cost considerably more to install and maintain than the current electrically powered LED exit signs.
- Caring robots get the green light March 6, 2014The time is fast approaching where interactions between humans and artificial intelligence become part and parcel of our daily routine.
- New battery materials can store about 10 times the energy of Li-Ion March 6, 2014A US company has developed battery materials that can store about 10 times the amount of energy that a lithium-ion battery does, potentially changing the future of energy storage in products such as cell phones and electric cars.