The QiLiCape – wireless power charging cape for BeagleBone
v.01 is here >>> QiLiCape-ioclk.v01 Eagle .sch file format.
v.02 will have some linux integration.
A new project is started: The QiLiCape, a BeagleBone cape that is a wireless power Lithium battery charger and power supply enabling the usb host support operation when in battery mode.
It’s a work in progress, an opensource project ignited by element 14.
Fetures a BQ51013A driven by a Wuerth Electronic 760308101 Coil and a BQ24075T battery charger with power-path management -separate power path for battery and system power.
Some useful stuff:
The BeagleBone: site, manual
Special thanks: BeagleBone courtesy of Shawn Silberhorn, Texas Instruments.
- Anatomy of an ARM Server Chip September 2, 2014Four out of the top five server IC companies prefer ARM. The server market bloodied ARM in recent years, but ARM is bouncing back with help from the popularity of the ARMv8 64-bit architecture.
- IoT Gives Old Technology New Life September 2, 2014Cypress Semiconductor sees a great deal of potential for SONOS technology, dating back to the 1960s, for addressing scaling and power challenges in Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
- Andes Ready to Rumble in CPU War September 2, 2014With ARM reigning as king of the CPU IP market and Android dominating mobile operating systems, is there any room for anyone with new architectures to challenge these leaders' well established ecosystems? Andes says yes.
- Google test autonomous delivery drones in QLD September 2, 2014GOOGLE has tested autonomous delivery drones in Queensland.
- Is Apple going to use wireless charging? September 2, 2014APPLE could be outfitting its devices with wireless charging capabilities, if its US patent is anything to go by.
- Increased DRAM production capacity to challenge market in 2015 September 2, 2014ESTABLISHED DRAM makers may be challenged in 2015 as many manufacturers change their production processes to expand their capacity.