The QiLiCape – wireless power charging cape for BeagleBone
v.01 is here >>> QiLiCape-ioclk.v01 Eagle .sch file format.
v.02 will have some linux integration.
A new project is started: The QiLiCape, a BeagleBone cape that is a wireless power Lithium battery charger and power supply enabling the usb host support operation when in battery mode.
It’s a work in progress, an opensource project ignited by element 14.
Fetures a BQ51013A driven by a Wuerth Electronic 760308101 Coil and a BQ24075T battery charger with power-path management -separate power path for battery and system power.
Some useful stuff:
The BeagleBone: site, manual
Special thanks: BeagleBone courtesy of Shawn Silberhorn, Texas Instruments.
- Altium to enable automatic schematics checks January 28, 2015ALTIUM and Valydate have established a strategic partnership aimed at easing the inspection and debugging process of electronic schematics.
- Graphene-based semiconductors with reversible doping January 28, 2015US scientists have demonstrated a way to selectively and reversibly dope different regions on a piece of graphene.
- Intel's smart devices moves not too smart January 28, 2015DESPITE Intel's latest announcements in the smart devices/IoT sector, it is blundering on its strategy and timing, says The Information Network.
- Invisibility Cloaks Now Shield People from Sight January 31, 2015Invisibility cloaks are now working in the visible spectrum, someday allowing people to become invisible.
- Tabula Set for March Shutdown January 30, 2015Programmable logic company Tabula is rumored to be closing its doors on March 24. Tabula garnered industry interest with a unique 12-level FPGA architecture that dramatically shortened interconnects.
- Sony Joins FDSOI Club January 30, 2015Sony Corp. revealed that the company's next-generation Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) chip will use 28-nm Fully Depleted Silicon On Insulator (FDSOI) process.