The QiLiCape – wireless power charging cape for BeagleBone
v.01 is here >>> QiLiCape-ioclk.v01 Eagle .sch file format.
v.02 will have some linux integration.
A new project is started: The QiLiCape, a BeagleBone cape that is a wireless power Lithium battery charger and power supply enabling the usb host support operation when in battery mode.
It’s a work in progress, an opensource project ignited by element 14.
Fetures a BQ51013A driven by a Wuerth Electronic 760308101 Coil and a BQ24075T battery charger with power-path management -separate power path for battery and system power.
Some useful stuff:
The BeagleBone: site, manual
Special thanks: BeagleBone courtesy of Shawn Silberhorn, Texas Instruments.
- LPDDR4 a new hope for DRAM makers May 28, 2015GLOBAL mobile DRAM prices have bottomed out, according to TrendForce.
- Microchips made of nano-scale wood May 28, 2015RESEARCHERS at the University of Wisconsin-Madison have developed a semiconductor chip made almost entirely of wood.
- Cochlear transitions to new CEO as it faces new challenges May 28, 2015COCHLEAR has appointed the head of its North American operations, Chris Smith, as its new CEO.
- Apple Buys into Augmented Reality -- for Cars? May 30, 2015Munich-based augmented reality software vendor Metaio GmbH has been acquired by Apple. The move fuels anew speculations around Apple's plans to enter the automotive market.
- Google Gestures at 60 GHz May 30, 2015Google unveiled a radar-on-chip for fine gesture control with the goal of expanding increasingly small screens and interfaces. While the radar technology isn't yet authorized by the FCC, Google's ATAP team wants to fine tune its Soli chip for wearables.
- Google Unveils Smart Fabric Program May 29, 2015In what might be the largest development in smart fabrics, Google announced a project to scale manufacturing of fabrics that use broad gestures to control mobile devices, lights, and more.