The QiLiCape – wireless power charging cape for BeagleBone
v.01 is here >>> QiLiCape-ioclk.v01 Eagle .sch file format.
v.02 will have some linux integration.
A new project is started: The QiLiCape, a BeagleBone cape that is a wireless power Lithium battery charger and power supply enabling the usb host support operation when in battery mode.
It’s a work in progress, an opensource project ignited by element 14.
Fetures a BQ51013A driven by a Wuerth Electronic 760308101 Coil and a BQ24075T battery charger with power-path management -separate power path for battery and system power.
Some useful stuff:
The BeagleBone: site, manual
Special thanks: BeagleBone courtesy of Shawn Silberhorn, Texas Instruments.
- Five LED trends for 2015 December 15, 20142014 has been a challenging year for LED manufacturers. Here's what to expect for 2015.
- STMicroelectronics and partners create early Ebola detector December 15, 2014STMICROELECTRONICS has worked with partners to create a portable analyser that detects Ebola in less than 75 minutes.
- Etherstack supplies wireless test equipment to US NIST December 15, 2014ETHERSTACK has successfully supplied specialised wireless test equipment to the US National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST).
- Top Robot Stories of 2014 December 17, 2014Robots have fascinated us for centuries, but now we are realizing those visions. Here are some of the top robot stories that amazed and delighted us this past year.
- ESIstream vs. JESD204B for Ultra-High-Speed Chip-Chip Communications December 17, 2014The open ESIstream protocol has less encoding overhead and higher data bandwidth than JESD204B; also it's significantly easier to implement ESIstream digital core.
- Vote for the Engineer of the Year December 17, 2014Finalists announced, survey below. The award, sponsored by National Instruments, includes a $10,000 grant and will be given out at DesignCon 2015.