The QiLiCape – wireless power charging cape for BeagleBone
v.01 is here >>> QiLiCape-ioclk.v01 Eagle .sch file format.
v.02 will have some linux integration.
A new project is started: The QiLiCape, a BeagleBone cape that is a wireless power Lithium battery charger and power supply enabling the usb host support operation when in battery mode.
It’s a work in progress, an opensource project ignited by element 14.
Fetures a BQ51013A driven by a Wuerth Electronic 760308101 Coil and a BQ24075T battery charger with power-path management -separate power path for battery and system power.
Some useful stuff:
The BeagleBone: site, manual
Special thanks: BeagleBone courtesy of Shawn Silberhorn, Texas Instruments.
- IEI’s TANK-860-HM86 ruggedised multi-expansion embedded system for automation applications October 23, 2014ICP Electronics Australia announces the release of IEI Technology's TANK-860-HM86 fanless ruggedised expandable embedded system.
- NI releases microwave vector signal analyser and fast switching continuous wave signal generator October 23, 2014National Instruments Aust & NZ has introduced two new instruments designed to address evolving requirements in applications.
- Altium partnership to deliver PLM capability to ECAD designers October 22, 2014ALTIUM has announced a partnership with Aras to provide advanced PLM capabilities to ECAD designers.
- Friday Quiz: Fiber Optic Measurements October 24, 2014Test your basic knowledge of fiber optic measurements.
- NASA Spinoffs: 6 Innovations In Health & Medicine October 23, 2014The concept of applying technologies used in space to enhance the lives of people on Earth drives NASA's spinoff program, a technology originally developed for NASA missions is transferred to the public for commercial use.
- iPad Air 2: Biggest Weakness October 23, 2014Early reviews of the Apple iPad Air 2 all sing a similar tune: It's thin and light, the screen is better, the cameras are great, and it delivers incredible performance. But two reviews dinged the device heavily on multitasking.