The QiLiCape – wireless power charging cape for BeagleBone
v.01 is here >>> QiLiCape-ioclk.v01 Eagle .sch file format.
v.02 will have some linux integration.
A new project is started: The QiLiCape, a BeagleBone cape that is a wireless power Lithium battery charger and power supply enabling the usb host support operation when in battery mode.
It’s a work in progress, an opensource project ignited by element 14.
Fetures a BQ51013A driven by a Wuerth Electronic 760308101 Coil and a BQ24075T battery charger with power-path management -separate power path for battery and system power.
Some useful stuff:
The BeagleBone: site, manual
Special thanks: BeagleBone courtesy of Shawn Silberhorn, Texas Instruments.
- AMS, Dialog Merger Talks Fail July 22, 2014Talks over a possible merger of mixed-signal chip companies AMS and Dialog Semiconductor plc have failed to reach agreement and been abandoned.
- The Risks & Rewards of Early Tapeout July 22, 2014Verification remains a key issue in system-on-chip development. The time taken to verify a high-density SoC design to a high level of confidence can lead teams to think the unthinkable. One of these counterintuitive options is to not exhaustively verify a chip before taping out but use the resulting silicon itself as a cornerstone of the verification process
- Nikola Tesla, Vincent Van Gogh & the Second Renaissance July 22, 2014Tesla was alive at the same time as Vincent! Both drove cultural and technological advancement. It was like a second Renaissance.
- Switchcraft introduces sealed 10 amp power jacks July 22, 2014Clarke & Severn Electronics announces the release of a new range of sealed 10 amp power jacks from Switchcraft.
- Switchcraft introduces sealed 10 amp power jacks (1) July 22, 2014Clarke & Severn Electronics announces the release of a new range of sealed 10 amp power jacks from Switchcraft.
- US-China trade war affects PV manufacturers and prices July 21, 2014THE US-CHINA trade war is continuing to affect photovoltaic cell manufacturers’ utilisation rates, according to EnergyTrend.