The amazing small board – NXP LPC800 by NGX
LPC800 series develeopment tool
It’s amazing. Simple and efficient.
The small pin number is compensated in a great way: The Switch Matrix – it connects 6 pins to any available internal module.
Of course, programming can be done in bootloader mode, where every pin is reassigned according to the original layout.
- ARM Cortex-M0+
- Switch matrix for flexible configuration of each I/O pin function
- 2 USART interfaces, 1 SPI controller and 1 I²C-bus, with pin functions assigned through the switch matrix
- Self Wake-up Timer (WKT) clocked from either the IRC or a low-power, low-frequency internal oscillator
- CRC engine
- Boot ROM API support: boot loader, USART and I²C drivers in ROM, power profiles, Flash In-Application Programming (IAP) and In-System Programming (ISP)
The debugging options supported are SWD (10 pin connector), JTAG boundary scan and Micro Trace Buffer (MTB).
The quickest/cheapest programming method is via
spi*ISP (6 pin connector) with a USB/Serial cable.
NXP LPC800 mini: http://lpcware.com/lpc800-mini-kit
NGX Tech: http://ngxtech.com/
Some NGX JTAG Probes: http://shop.ngxtechnologies.com/index.php?currency=EUR&cPath=26&sort=2a
Element14 Community: http://www.element14.com
Recorded Elektor Academy Webinar: http://www.element14.com/community/videos/8356/l/elektor-academy–lpc800-arm-simplicity–twist-your-arm
LPCXpresso Community: http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Code Red (actually owned by NXP): http://www.code-red-tech.com/
IAR EW for ARM: http://www.iar.com/en/Products/IAR-Embedded-Workbench/ARM/
KEIL MDK ARM: http://www.keil.com/arm/mdk.asp
Some MBED resources: https://ioclk.com/mbed-arm-rapid-prototyping-tool/
Switch Matrix Tool (Java): http://www.lpcnow.com/articles/84558/lpc800-switch-matrix-making-life-easier-one-pin-at/
a note by user mio @ MBED.org: http://mbed.org/users/mio/notebook/lpc800-mini-boards-p1-to-p44/
arm.com blog page: http://blogs.arm.com/embedded/868-the-un%E2%80%99nxp%E2%80%99ected-lpc800/
article about the LPC800 with some Switch Matrix work: http://www.microcontrollercentral.com/author.asp?section_id=1758&doc_id=255764
- Intel Regains Top Spot in Chip Sales May 22, 2019Intel is back to No. 1 in the first quarter after memory market woes drag Samsung's sales down 34%.
- Microwave Symposium 2019: What to Expect in Boston May 21, 2019The Annual IEEE International Microwave Symposium lets engineers learn about the latest technology, see the latest products, and connect with people.
- Redpine Do-It-All IoT Chip Heads for Home May 21, 2019The big chip companies targeting the smart-home market have been like Wile E. Coyote chasing the roadrunner. Redpine Signals thinks it can catch its prey with its new IoT chip.