One of the coolest DMM on the market:
Fluke 233 – the Remote Display Multimeter
This is a great DMM, but mine has a problem: the battery life!
Leaving the meter in OFF state, after some weeks, all the batteries are dead. Happened 4 times with different batteries.
It seems that the power-off state consumption is high and approximately the same value for both units.
Some guys from Element 14 are stating that is a flaw with the meters with s/n under 138xxx:
Locates and identifies faults up to 150m or 500ft: cut, short-circuited, crossed or separated pairs, short-circuits between pairs, pair inversions and sheath / screen continuity; faults at the end of the link or installed line.
Types of cables tested: UTP & STP (SSTP & FTP) as per TIA568 A/B, ISO, EN, USOC and ISDN standards
• Source&Measure SourceMeter Instruments (SMUs)
• Integrated Switch/Multimeter Instruments
• A range of programmable DC Power Supplies
- Comment on Canadian Researcher Ponders Cyborg Rights by Dug_E_Bug December 13, 2019I see your point. The common denominator for your list is the Social Security Number - or equivalent for non-USA countries. Being a boomer, the introduction of the SSN seemed to be apocalyptic for many in my parent's generation. I didn't see it that way, because it was already implemented, and it was 'good'. The […]
- Comment on AWS Rolls Out AI Inference Chip by Evariste December 13, 2019Sounds pretty neat. Has anybody used the AWS F1 instances? These have Xilinx Ultrascale FPGAs. I was wondering how useful they are for hardware simulation; I haven't tried them myself, though.
- Comment on Qualcomm Rides on China’s Belt & Road Initiative by kenpillay December 13, 2019a couple of pinch points on that so-called Belt and Road Initiative : 1. overland rail route has a gauge mismatch ; China 4ft Kazakhstan 6ft 2. sea route/road westward goes through Singapore Straits (and eventually Suez)