Upgrading Eagle over 9.2, a new strange thing happens. In the CAM settings, on every soldermask layer, appears a checked box named “Negative image”.
The results are… a borderless soldermask.
A short Mentor video about thermal simulation with FloTHERM XT here:
Just looking for PCB Suites prices, I found the upverter. It seems a very good way if you like to pay a monthly subscription price or you agree to share all your work…
The export function has a wide palette: Gerber RS-274X, Json, NC Drill – Excellon, Pick and Place CSV and Tempo format, PNG, 3D STL, CSV Netlist, CSV BOM.
The library claims to be very rich, but the parts that I was searching for wheren’t available. Maybe you should build your own components and share, so after some months will be more complete.
Opening an Open Source Project: http://upverter.com/upverter/47dd0486577730a2/SparkFun-WiFly-Shield/
Free for a Open Source Account,
$14/month for a Personal Account,
$39/month for a Commercial Account.
GerbMerge is a program for combining (panelizing) the CAM data from multiple printed circuit board designs into a single set of CAM files.
The purpose of doing so is to submit a single job to a board manufacturer, thereby saving on manufacturing costs.
GerbMerge is built in Python.
GerbMerge currently works with:
- CAM data generated by the Eagle circuit board design program, with “best effort” support for Orcad, Protel, and PCB
- Artwork in Gerber RS274-X format
- Drill files in Excellon format
- Kamen Aims to Deliver AI to FedEx March 21, 2019The engineer behind the Segway and First Robotics Competition discusses his team's current work for FedEx on a delivery robot using neural networks.
- Sensors, Networks Enable Precision Agriculture March 21, 2019With a growing population and a fixed amount of arable land, food production is becoming increasingly critical. The proliferation of IoT technologies along with data analytics, however, is dropping the cost of sensor-based crop, livestock, and resource management practices known as precision agriculture.
- Ag Tech Brings Revolution to Food Chain March 21, 2019We designed this Special Project to illustrate how agriculture technology is bringing fundamental changes to the food chain. We explore advancements in agriculture tech, while examining the new challenges that farmers face.