Upgrading Eagle over 9.2, a new strange thing happens. In the CAM settings, on every soldermask layer, appears a checked box named “Negative image”.
The results are… a borderless soldermask.
A short Mentor video about thermal simulation with FloTHERM XT here:
Just looking for PCB Suites prices, I found the upverter. It seems a very good way if you like to pay a monthly subscription price or you agree to share all your work…
The export function has a wide palette: Gerber RS-274X, Json, NC Drill – Excellon, Pick and Place CSV and Tempo format, PNG, 3D STL, CSV Netlist, CSV BOM.
The library claims to be very rich, but the parts that I was searching for wheren’t available. Maybe you should build your own components and share, so after some months will be more complete.
Opening an Open Source Project: http://upverter.com/upverter/47dd0486577730a2/SparkFun-WiFly-Shield/
Free for a Open Source Account,
$14/month for a Personal Account,
$39/month for a Commercial Account.
GerbMerge is a program for combining (panelizing) the CAM data from multiple printed circuit board designs into a single set of CAM files.
The purpose of doing so is to submit a single job to a board manufacturer, thereby saving on manufacturing costs.
GerbMerge is built in Python.
GerbMerge currently works with:
- CAM data generated by the Eagle circuit board design program, with “best effort” support for Orcad, Protel, and PCB
- Artwork in Gerber RS274-X format
- Drill files in Excellon format
- Comment on U.S. Clings to Semiconductor Dominance as China Mounts Challenge by ubm112211 July 13, 2020In reply to IanD. usa seems , large amount of talents are in the software/internet corps. which left little can spare for semi dev. so even if US put some major investment in semis, it will end up with indian engs getting the benefit. that's one reason behind
- Comment on U.S. Clings to Semiconductor Dominance as China Mounts Challenge by ubm112211 July 13, 2020In reply to ubm112211. china is still in the process of getting it's 1st nand chip PRQed in year of 2020. nand was invented in 1991. which is a reflection of the efficiency of chinese system.
- Comment on U.S. Clings to Semiconductor Dominance as China Mounts Challenge by ubm112211 July 13, 2020luckily , the money spent by chinese , large amount of it getting wasted, by its in efficient system, lack of democracy , bureaucracy . so non of the system is perfect, just play to it's advantage. everyone got pressure though, no easy money in this world in the end.