Smart Application Blueprint for Rapid Engineering (SABRE) board built by Embest Technology Co. Ltd, a Premier Farnell – Element 14 Company
The board runs a Timesys Linux very good distribution on a powerful i.MX6 Quad Application Processor and is designed following the Freescale’s SABRE specification.
Hardware quality is excellent.
I’ve noticed some heating problems at 3D rendering but the quality is very good.
Still under evaluation!
Some Start-Up Links:
Element 14 SABRE Lite: http://www.element14.com/iMX6
Boundary Devices Sabre Lite and Accesories: http://boundarydevices.com/products/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/
Freescale i.MX6 Quad: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q
Timesys Linux: http://www.timesys.com/
TLDP Timesys Howto by Trevor Harmon – 2005: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/TimeSys-Linux-Install-HOWTO/
Freescale’s App Note AN4581 Secure Boot on i.MX50, i.MX53, and i.MX 6 Series using HABv4
LTE Components Drive Multimode Mobile Broadband
Enea and Freescale sponsored webinar: http://spectrum.ieee.org/webinar/2139648
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
2:00 PM EDT / 11:00 AM PT / 18:00 GMT (Duration: 1 hour)
The availability and performance of LTE components are becoming a critical issues as carriers move ahead with LTE deployments. Highly integrated devices using the latest silicon technology are transforming this market. At this critical time we take a look at the latest solutions involving LTE for cellular base stations as well as the emerging HetNet (heterogeneous networks) technology to provide the fully integrated coverage and bandwidth that are needed in next-generation mobile infrastructure equipment.
- TWR-K70F120M – MK70FN1M0VMJ12: K70FN1M in a 256 MAPBGA with 120 MHz operation
- TWR-ELEV – Two elevator modules that provide power regulation circuitry, standardized signal assignments, and act as common backplane for all assembled Tower System modules
- TWR-SER – Serial peripheral module with Ethernet, USB, RS232/485, and CAN interface circuitry
- J-Link Lite for Cortex-M – a small JTAG-emulator with SWD/SWO debugging support for Cortex-M devices
- DVD with software development tools, example projects & MQX BSPs, documentation
Price in IAR’s e-shop: 200 EUR / USD 249
(the link states old.iar… but is the current e-shop)
- Intel Regains Top Spot in Chip Sales May 22, 2019Intel is back to No. 1 in the first quarter after memory market woes drag Samsung's sales down 34%.
- Microwave Symposium 2019: What to Expect in Boston May 21, 2019The Annual IEEE International Microwave Symposium lets engineers learn about the latest technology, see the latest products, and connect with people.
- Redpine Do-It-All IoT Chip Heads for Home May 21, 2019The big chip companies targeting the smart-home market have been like Wile E. Coyote chasing the roadrunner. Redpine Signals thinks it can catch its prey with its new IoT chip.