Smart Application Blueprint for Rapid Engineering (SABRE) board built by Embest Technology Co. Ltd, a Premier Farnell – Element 14 Company
The board runs a Timesys Linux very good distribution on a powerful i.MX6 Quad Application Processor and is designed following the Freescale’s SABRE specification.
Hardware quality is excellent.
I’ve noticed some heating problems at 3D rendering but the quality is very good.
Still under evaluation!
Some Start-Up Links:
Element 14 SABRE Lite: http://www.element14.com/iMX6
Boundary Devices Sabre Lite and Accesories: http://boundarydevices.com/products/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/
Freescale i.MX6 Quad: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q
Timesys Linux: http://www.timesys.com/
TLDP Timesys Howto by Trevor Harmon – 2005: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/TimeSys-Linux-Install-HOWTO/
Freescale’s App Note AN4581 Secure Boot on i.MX50, i.MX53, and i.MX 6 Series using HABv4
LTE Components Drive Multimode Mobile Broadband
Enea and Freescale sponsored webinar: http://spectrum.ieee.org/webinar/2139648
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
2:00 PM EDT / 11:00 AM PT / 18:00 GMT (Duration: 1 hour)
The availability and performance of LTE components are becoming a critical issues as carriers move ahead with LTE deployments. Highly integrated devices using the latest silicon technology are transforming this market. At this critical time we take a look at the latest solutions involving LTE for cellular base stations as well as the emerging HetNet (heterogeneous networks) technology to provide the fully integrated coverage and bandwidth that are needed in next-generation mobile infrastructure equipment.
- TWR-K70F120M – MK70FN1M0VMJ12: K70FN1M in a 256 MAPBGA with 120 MHz operation
- TWR-ELEV – Two elevator modules that provide power regulation circuitry, standardized signal assignments, and act as common backplane for all assembled Tower System modules
- TWR-SER – Serial peripheral module with Ethernet, USB, RS232/485, and CAN interface circuitry
- J-Link Lite for Cortex-M – a small JTAG-emulator with SWD/SWO debugging support for Cortex-M devices
- DVD with software development tools, example projects & MQX BSPs, documentation
Price in IAR’s e-shop: 200 EUR / USD 249
(the link states old.iar… but is the current e-shop)
- Exposing Apple Mini M1 SoC November 27, 2020After years of speculation and months of anticipation, Apple launched their first desktop and laptop computers powered by their own chip design -- M1 SoC. The post Exposing Apple Mini M1 SoC appeared first on EETimes.
- Egil’s Eye: Catch up on Mobility November 25, 2020There are a lot of important products introduced, technologies improved and business announcement that happens every week. Let's catch up on mobility. The post Egil’s Eye: Catch up on Mobility appeared first on EETimes.
- Elektrobit Aims to Reduce Car OEMs’ Software Dev Burden November 25, 2020Software-centric vehicles make a good talking point. But building and maintaining a huge in-house software team is much easier said than done. The post Elektrobit Aims to Reduce Car OEMs’ Software Dev Burden appeared first on EETimes.