Smart Application Blueprint for Rapid Engineering (SABRE) board built by Embest Technology Co. Ltd, a Premier Farnell – Element 14 Company
The board runs a Timesys Linux very good distribution on a powerful i.MX6 Quad Application Processor and is designed following the Freescale’s SABRE specification.
Hardware quality is excellent.
I’ve noticed some heating problems at 3D rendering but the quality is very good.
Still under evaluation!
Some Start-Up Links:
Element 14 SABRE Lite: http://www.element14.com/iMX6
Boundary Devices Sabre Lite and Accesories: http://boundarydevices.com/products/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/
Freescale i.MX6 Quad: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX6Q
Timesys Linux: http://www.timesys.com/
TLDP Timesys Howto by Trevor Harmon – 2005: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/TimeSys-Linux-Install-HOWTO/
Freescale’s App Note AN4581 Secure Boot on i.MX50, i.MX53, and i.MX 6 Series using HABv4
LTE Components Drive Multimode Mobile Broadband
Enea and Freescale sponsored webinar: http://spectrum.ieee.org/webinar/2139648
Wednesday, January 16th, 2013
2:00 PM EDT / 11:00 AM PT / 18:00 GMT (Duration: 1 hour)
The availability and performance of LTE components are becoming a critical issues as carriers move ahead with LTE deployments. Highly integrated devices using the latest silicon technology are transforming this market. At this critical time we take a look at the latest solutions involving LTE for cellular base stations as well as the emerging HetNet (heterogeneous networks) technology to provide the fully integrated coverage and bandwidth that are needed in next-generation mobile infrastructure equipment.
- TWR-K70F120M – MK70FN1M0VMJ12: K70FN1M in a 256 MAPBGA with 120 MHz operation
- TWR-ELEV – Two elevator modules that provide power regulation circuitry, standardized signal assignments, and act as common backplane for all assembled Tower System modules
- TWR-SER – Serial peripheral module with Ethernet, USB, RS232/485, and CAN interface circuitry
- J-Link Lite for Cortex-M – a small JTAG-emulator with SWD/SWO debugging support for Cortex-M devices
- DVD with software development tools, example projects & MQX BSPs, documentation
Price in IAR’s e-shop: 200 EUR / USD 249
(the link states old.iar… but is the current e-shop)
- Nvidia Mum on 7-nm GPU March 19, 2019Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang was silent on his high-end roadmap at a time when the company has a commanding lead in graphics computing and AI.
- Intel, Cray Win U.S. Exascale Deal March 18, 2019The first of three U.S. systems, worth a total of $1.8 billion and capable of exaflop performance, will be built at Argonne National Lab by Intel and Cray.
- U.S. Court Finds Apple Infringed Qualcomm IP March 18, 2019A U.S. federal court found that several iPhone models infringe on patents held by Qualcomm, a major setback for Apple in the patent fight between the two companies that has been unfolding in several jurisdictions throughout the world.