The EFM32 Development Kit – Gecko, G890F128
EFM32 Development Kit
The EFM32 Development Kit features the EFM32G890F128 MCU (128 kB flash + 16 kB RAM) and is one of the best kits designed for low power device development.
The Advanced Energy Monitoring (AEM) system is practically a very good power monitor and logger, embedded in the Development Kit. Some other kits are doing this in the IDE, but to have it with a display onboard is awesome.
A large spectrum of techniques, from using different low power modes to switch-off peripherals can be tested directly and all with one kit.
The on-board Segger J-Link enables debugging.
The OOB configuration enables that the EFM32 can be programmed with many demo programs selected with the 320×240 TFT Display GUI and the power consumption can be monitored on the same TFT after programming.
- Single ended and differential ADC inputs on BNC connectors
- Line-in and Line-out stereo audio amplifier with 3.5 jacks
- IrDA, RS232
- MicroSD card reader
- 4MB 70ns PSRAM+ 16MB 90ns NOR Flash + 2Kb I2C EEPROM
- Accelerometer and LDR
Simplicity Studio Download: https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/simplicity-studio.aspx
A Silabs video on YouTube:
- Comment on Canadian Researcher Ponders Cyborg Rights by Dug_E_Bug December 13, 2019I see your point. The common denominator for your list is the Social Security Number - or equivalent for non-USA countries. Being a boomer, the introduction of the SSN seemed to be apocalyptic for many in my parent's generation. I didn't see it that way, because it was already implemented, and it was 'good'. The […]
- Comment on AWS Rolls Out AI Inference Chip by Evariste December 13, 2019Sounds pretty neat. Has anybody used the AWS F1 instances? These have Xilinx Ultrascale FPGAs. I was wondering how useful they are for hardware simulation; I haven't tried them myself, though.
- Comment on Qualcomm Rides on China’s Belt & Road Initiative by kenpillay December 13, 2019a couple of pinch points on that so-called Belt and Road Initiative : 1. overland rail route has a gauge mismatch ; China 4ft Kazakhstan 6ft 2. sea route/road westward goes through Singapore Straits (and eventually Suez)