Test & Measurement
Fluke 70th anniversary
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOIgoK2p2gE[/youtube] The new FLIR CM174 is a rugged tool that combines a good clamp meter with a thermal camera.
Some specs: True RMS, LoZ, VFD Mode, Inrush Current measurement, Smart Diode, 4800 pixels (60 x 80) Thermal Image Resolution, Laser and crosshair indicator, FLIR flex expandable, CAT IV-600 V, CAT III-1000 V.
Product page: http://www.flir.com/instruments/cm174/
One of the coolest DMM on the market:
Fluke 233 – the Remote Display Multimeter
This is a great DMM, but mine has a problem: the battery life!
Leaving the meter in OFF state, after some weeks, all the batteries are dead. Happened 4 times with different batteries.
It seems that the power-off state consumption is high and approximately the same value for both units.
Some guys from Element 14 are stating that is a flaw with the meters with s/n under 138xxx:
Fluke brings a new GREAT tool: the VT02 Visual IR Thermometer
One great tool way under the 1000 limit. The device combines the a +-2 centigrade precise spot thermometer with a small thermal imager and provides a precise heat map on a microSD.
The SmartView analysis and reporting PC software makes reporting easy using great report templates.
Distrelec lists it under 700 euro(VAT excluded).
- Range: -10 °C to +250 °C (14 °F to 482 °F)
- Accuracy: ±2°C or ±2% of reading in °C, whichever is the greater (at 25 °C nominal) as tested
- Image capture freq.: 8 Hz
- IR Spectral Band: 6.5 µm to 14 µm
- FoV: 20° X 20°
- Operating Conditions: -10 °C to +45 °C (14 °F to 113 °F) with 10 % to 90 % non-condensing humidity
I can confirm that the 1102 mod works for HW58 and SW00.02.06 too.
Some hints at EEV Blog thanks to David L. Jones http://www.eevblog.com/tag/Rigol/ and many other thanks to the forum members and Mr. Adrian.
Tester, analyzer, validator – Etherscope Series II
- Reports distance to multiple bridge taps up to 3,200 feet (975 metres)
- Tests opens and shorts up to 8,000 feet (2.4 kilometres)
- Patented SmartTone for exact pair identification
- Built-in TDR (Time Domain Reflector) and toner
- AC/DC voltage detection
- One-button testing
Locates and identifies faults up to 150m or 500ft: cut, short-circuited, crossed or separated pairs, short-circuits between pairs, pair inversions and sheath / screen continuity; faults at the end of the link or installed line.
Types of cables tested: UTP & STP (SSTP & FTP) as per TIA568 A/B, ISO, EN, USOC and ISDN standards
New 4Ch – 200MHZ Field Oscilloscope special designed for electronic applications
Oscilloscope, multimeter, FFT analyser, harmonic analyser and recorder with ethernet/web remote management.
- 4 isolated input channels (600 V CAT III)
- 2.5 GS/s sampling rate (100 GS/s in repetitive mode)
- input dynamic range from 156 µV / div to 200 V / div
Opticis Fiber Optic USB Extension
M2-100 extends USB signal up to 40m (130feet):
USB Isolator Board for the ADuM3160 and ADuM4160
A good article about using Thermography Imaging in Home Improvement here:
Fluke Thermal Imaging Product line:
Contactless current measurement probe from TTI
A magnetic field mesurement interpreted as current on Oscilloscope.
Unlike any other current probe
The Aim I-prober 520 positional current probe is unlike any other current measurement device available.
Calibrated measurement of current normally requires the current to be passed through a closed magnetic loop. Typically this is done using some form of split clamp device. Whereas this is suitable for individual wires, it is of no use for measuring current in PCB tracks.
The I-prober 520 is a compact hand-held probe which is used with an oscilloscope. By placing the insulated tip of the probe onto a PCB track, the current flowing in the track can be observed and measured.
• Source&Measure SourceMeter Instruments (SMUs)
• Integrated Switch/Multimeter Instruments
• A range of programmable DC Power Supplies
- Nvidia Mum on 7-nm GPU March 19, 2019Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang was silent on his high-end roadmap at a time when the company has a commanding lead in graphics computing and AI.
- Intel, Cray Win U.S. Exascale Deal March 18, 2019The first of three U.S. systems, worth a total of $1.8 billion and capable of exaflop performance, will be built at Argonne National Lab by Intel and Cray.
- U.S. Court Finds Apple Infringed Qualcomm IP March 18, 2019A U.S. federal court found that several iPhone models infringe on patents held by Qualcomm, a major setback for Apple in the patent fight between the two companies that has been unfolding in several jurisdictions throughout the world.