The Nuc140V (connectivity series Cortex) board with LCD display, 9-pin UART and Voice Codec and has a 40% discount now https://direct.nuvoton.com/en/learning-board-of-nuc140-series
The 8051 based bundle offer at 50% (100pcs N76E003AT20 + devboard + Nu-link) is back again and you can find the Cortex-M4 bundle (100pcs M451MLG6AE + NuTiny-M451V + Nu-Link Pro ) https://direct.nuvoton.com/en/-m451-big-bundle- and that’s fabulous!
Under the IoT Solution > IoT Platform stays the Mbed Enabled Development Kit series which is expanded with two new boards, both with the detachable, upgraded and offline programming enabled Nu-Link2-Me interface:
- NuMaker-M031TB (on preorder) https://direct.nuvoton.com/en/numaker-m031tb-pre-order
- NuMaker-M032SE https://direct.nuvoton.com/en/numaker-m032se
- Nu-Link-Me dual voltage settings (3v3 or 5v) – sure, you can add a switch or a solder-ball “case switch”: https://www.nuvoton.com/hq/support/faq/049b205d-2349-11e8-9221-4511a3410ebb/?__locale=en
- Nu-Link-Me virtual COM Port settings – the driver can be found in the NuMicro_ISP_Programming_Tool zip file: https://www.nuvoton.com/hq/support/faq/b5f2aeb6-4cb9-11e6-987b-4511a3410ebb/?__locale=en
- The COM Port switch also may lead to some code modifications, a good article here: http://www.nuvoton.com/hq/support/faq/73482dbb-f222-11e8-a156-4511a3410ebb/?__locale=en
KEIL and Nuvoton are also presenting a fantastic offer: Free MDK version limited to Cortex-M0 and M23
Request here: http://www.keil.com/nuvoton
Testing the Nuvoton NuTiny-SDK-M0564 – development tool for the M0564 series microcontroller.
The M0564VG4AE is a Cortex-M0 microcontroller which can run at up to 72MHz, features 85 I/O pins, 256 KB Flash, 20 KB SRAM, 4KB ISP ROM and 2 KB SPROM(Security Protection ROM).
The 161 pages datasheet can be downloaded from here: http://www.nuvoton.com/resource-files/DS_M0564_Series_EN_Rev1.00.pdf
The whole Development Package can be downloaded from http://nuvoton.com/NuMicroDVD/
The archive contains some useful AppNotes, drivers for Keil and IAR, CooCox BSP, Datasheets and some useful stand-alone programs like ClockConfigure Tool, NuMicro PLL Generator Tool.
The next steps are: install and configure Keil, add packs, CMSIS… etc.
For Arduino Fans there is a NuMaker Uno Board based on NUC131 – another Cortex M0 ARM – https://direct.nuvoton.com/it/numaker-uno
LPC800 series develeopment tool
It’s amazing. Simple and efficient.
The small pin number is compensated in a great way: The Switch Matrix – it connects 6 pins to any available internal module.
Of course, programming can be done in bootloader mode, where every pin is reassigned according to the original layout.
- ARM Cortex-M0+
- Switch matrix for flexible configuration of each I/O pin function
- 2 USART interfaces, 1 SPI controller and 1 I²C-bus, with pin functions assigned through the switch matrix
- Self Wake-up Timer (WKT) clocked from either the IRC or a low-power, low-frequency internal oscillator
- CRC engine
- Boot ROM API support: boot loader, USART and I²C drivers in ROM, power profiles, Flash In-Application Programming (IAP) and In-System Programming (ISP)
The debugging options supported are SWD (10 pin connector), JTAG boundary scan and Micro Trace Buffer (MTB).
The quickest/cheapest programming method is via
spi*ISP (6 pin connector) with a USB/Serial cable.
NXP LPC800 mini: http://lpcware.com/lpc800-mini-kit
NGX Tech: http://ngxtech.com/
Some NGX JTAG Probes: http://shop.ngxtechnologies.com/index.php?currency=EUR&cPath=26&sort=2a
Element14 Community: http://www.element14.com
Recorded Elektor Academy Webinar: http://www.element14.com/community/videos/8356/l/elektor-academy–lpc800-arm-simplicity–twist-your-arm
LPCXpresso Community: http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Code Red (actually owned by NXP): http://www.code-red-tech.com/
IAR EW for ARM: http://www.iar.com/en/Products/IAR-Embedded-Workbench/ARM/
KEIL MDK ARM: http://www.keil.com/arm/mdk.asp
Some MBED resources: https://ioclk.com/mbed-arm-rapid-prototyping-tool/
Switch Matrix Tool (Java): http://www.lpcnow.com/articles/84558/lpc800-switch-matrix-making-life-easier-one-pin-at/
a note by user mio @ MBED.org: http://mbed.org/users/mio/notebook/lpc800-mini-boards-p1-to-p44/
arm.com blog page: http://blogs.arm.com/embedded/868-the-un%E2%80%99nxp%E2%80%99ected-lpc800/
article about the LPC800 with some Switch Matrix work: http://www.microcontrollercentral.com/author.asp?section_id=1758&doc_id=255764
The mbed Comes in two flavors: CortexM3(NXP LPC1768) and CortexM0(NXP LPC11U24).
- 1 ethernet port
- 3 serial ports (Rx/Tx)
- 2 SPI ports
- 2 I2C ports
- 6 Analog INs or 5 Analog INs + 1 Analog Out
- 1 CAN Port
- 6 PWM out
- 1 USB port (D+, D-) and the main USB-mini Port as a serial terminal
- 4 blue LEDs
Connected to USB shows up a 2MB FAT-FS storage with a preloaded web page which connects and autenthicates the user to the mbed.org website where resides the Free Online C Compiler and all other help pages, manuals, code examples, community contributed programs and libraries.
- MBED Serial Port in Windows: http://mbed.org/handbook/Windows-serial-configuration
- Handbook: http://mbed.org/handbook/Homepage
- Unbrick instructions: http://mbed.org/cookbook/Unbricking
- MCU User Manuals:
- Local toolchain usage:
- (Maybe) Useful Hardware:
ARM® and ST Free European seminar series on the new STM32 F0 MCU series, between 22 May and 5 July 2012.
Attend this FREE seminar and walk away with in-depth technical knowledge of the STM32 F0 series and a FREE STM32 F0 Discovery Kit!
Technical Documentation and Software ST page or direct links:
- LPDDR5 Pushes Power Down as Performance Demands Multiply July 22, 2019Samsung's LPDDR5 chip anticipates 5G, AI impact on premium smartphones.
- Startup Runs AI in Novel SRAM July 22, 2019Areanna claims that a custom SRAM will deliver 100 TOPS/W on deep learning. Well, that's what the simulations show, anyway.
- Huawei in UK 5G: It's Ethics and Politics July 22, 2019Opinions varied at a UK hearing on using Huawei equipment in its 5G network, but one conclusion was that the main reason to ban Huawei was to appease the U.S.