The Passive House Institute of Germany develops solutions for a higher grade of enegy efficiency in housing business.
The Passive House is a building standard that is truly energy efficient, comfortable and affordable at the same time.
The firstpilot project ( Kranichstein Passive House, Darmstadt, Germany, 1990) was Europe’s first inhabited multi-family house to achieve a documented heating energy consumption of below 12 kWh/(m²a), a consumption level confirmed through years of detailed monitoring.
A good article about using Thermography Imaging in Home Improvement here:
Fluke Thermal Imaging Product line:
Contactless current measurement probe from TTI
A magnetic field mesurement interpreted as current on Oscilloscope.
Unlike any other current probe
The Aim I-prober 520 positional current probe is unlike any other current measurement device available.
Calibrated measurement of current normally requires the current to be passed through a closed magnetic loop. Typically this is done using some form of split clamp device. Whereas this is suitable for individual wires, it is of no use for measuring current in PCB tracks.
The I-prober 520 is a compact hand-held probe which is used with an oscilloscope. By placing the insulated tip of the probe onto a PCB track, the current flowing in the track can be observed and measured.
ex. Input 12V – Output 36V
What you can expect from X-fest 2012
Beginning in April 2012, Avnet and Xilinx will co-host FREE X-fest technical training events throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Japan.
The X-fest experience will feature:
- Full-day, how-to training for FPGA, DSP & embedded systems designers
- Multiple learning tracks – topics include “fundamentals,” “applications” & “Zynq™-7000 EPP”
- 75-minute training courses devoted to design solutions for FPGA circuitry & the surrounding components
- Specialized 7 Series & Zynq™-7000 EPP solutions training
- Practical, real-world design examples with an emphasis on:
- Industrial networking and control
- Video processing
- Wireless communication
- Motor control
- FPGA attach
- Partner demonstrations & exhibits that allow for direct interaction with factory experts
- A sneak peek at exciting new products, advanced technologies & design tools
• Source&Measure SourceMeter Instruments (SMUs)
• Integrated Switch/Multimeter Instruments
• A range of programmable DC Power Supplies
ARM® and ST Free European seminar series on the new STM32 F0 MCU series, between 22 May and 5 July 2012.
Attend this FREE seminar and walk away with in-depth technical knowledge of the STM32 F0 series and a FREE STM32 F0 Discovery Kit!
Technical Documentation and Software ST page or direct links:
MSP430 Capacitive Touch BoosterPack
A RF BoosterPack for the LaunchPad.
A new BoosterPack for Launchpad
A great product! It works with a MSP430G2553 which comes preprogrammed in the box.
OLED, DAC, DSP, microSD Card, USB mass storage, MP3 player/recorder, capacitive touch scroll wheel.
TI creates a new low power (lower! as if the old MSP430 wasn’t already a true low power mcu) mcu product line. The announced power reduction is @50% with new “Wolverine” MCU platform.
– Active power as low as 100 µA/MHz
– <400 nA standby with RTC and brown-out protection
– 250× less energy per bit with FRAM
– < 7 µs to wake to active from standby
The announced “Wolverine” keeps as many peripherals as can be in a “retention” mode using a power gating controller. Only the needed modules are fully powered, the idle ones are in “retention” mode.
The FRAM unified memory architecture can also lower all the memory power requirements.
It looks like one of the big energy efficient boards but at a nano-scale.
The announced voltages are 0.9v(GO, TI, GO!), 1.8v, 3.3v and 5v.
Product line page: http://www.ti.com/ww/en/mcu/wolverine/
- Kamen Aims to Deliver AI to FedEx March 21, 2019The engineer behind the Segway and First Robotics Competition discusses his team's current work for FedEx on a delivery robot using neural networks.
- Sensors, Networks Enable Precision Agriculture March 21, 2019With a growing population and a fixed amount of arable land, food production is becoming increasingly critical. The proliferation of IoT technologies along with data analytics, however, is dropping the cost of sensor-based crop, livestock, and resource management practices known as precision agriculture.
- Ag Tech Brings Revolution to Food Chain March 21, 2019We designed this Special Project to illustrate how agriculture technology is bringing fundamental changes to the food chain. We explore advancements in agriculture tech, while examining the new challenges that farmers face.