QU-BD One Up – Open Source Production Ready 3D Printer
The first 199USD 3D Printer announced as an Open Source Project: Amazing!
The 199USD 3D Printer kit contents, as described in the page:
- 4 pcs. Super Torquey NEMA 17 Stepper Motors
- 1 Anubis Hot End for 1.75mm Filament w/ Thermistor
- 1 Laser Cut Black Melamine Coated MDF Frame
- 1 Precision ACME Screw and Nut for the Z-Axis
- 6pcs LM8LUU Precision Linear Bearings w/ 6 8mm Smooth Rods
- 2 Aluminum HTD Pulleys w/ 3 Ball Bearings as Idlers
- 1 Set of Laser Cut Acrylic Idler Plates
- 1 40mm Fan w/ Mount to Cool Off Your Prints
- 1 Laser Cut Acrylic Build Plate
- 1 Set of Printrboard Electronics with Integrated Stepper Drivers
- 1 60w Power Supply (or see UPGRADES:)
- 1 Bag extra wiring, crimps, electrical connectors etc.
- 1 Bag of required hardware (nuts, bolts, screws etc.)
The electronics is Arduino based with Allegro 4983 stepper drivers with an SD card slot to allow computer free printing. The printer comes with a universal 60w laptop power supply.
As announced: The source files will all be released a couple days BEFORE the Kickstarter campaign ends!
The APPROXIMATE dimensions are as follows:
OneUp 12″H x 10″W x 9″D
TwoUp 12″H x 13″W x 12″D