The amazing small board – NXP LPC800 by NGX
LPC800 series develeopment tool
It’s amazing. Simple and efficient.
The small pin number is compensated in a great way: The Switch Matrix – it connects 6 pins to any available internal module.
Of course, programming can be done in bootloader mode, where every pin is reassigned according to the original layout.
- ARM Cortex-M0+
- Switch matrix for flexible configuration of each I/O pin function
- 2 USART interfaces, 1 SPI controller and 1 I²C-bus, with pin functions assigned through the switch matrix
- Self Wake-up Timer (WKT) clocked from either the IRC or a low-power, low-frequency internal oscillator
- CRC engine
- Boot ROM API support: boot loader, USART and I²C drivers in ROM, power profiles, Flash In-Application Programming (IAP) and In-System Programming (ISP)
The debugging options supported are SWD (10 pin connector), JTAG boundary scan and Micro Trace Buffer (MTB).
The quickest/cheapest programming method is via
spi*ISP (6 pin connector) with a USB/Serial cable.
NXP LPC800 mini: http://lpcware.com/lpc800-mini-kit
NGX Tech: http://ngxtech.com/
Some NGX JTAG Probes: http://shop.ngxtechnologies.com/index.php?currency=EUR&cPath=26&sort=2a
Element14 Community: http://www.element14.com
Recorded Elektor Academy Webinar: http://www.element14.com/community/videos/8356/l/elektor-academy–lpc800-arm-simplicity–twist-your-arm
LPCXpresso Community: http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Code Red (actually owned by NXP): http://www.code-red-tech.com/
IAR EW for ARM: http://www.iar.com/en/Products/IAR-Embedded-Workbench/ARM/
KEIL MDK ARM: http://www.keil.com/arm/mdk.asp
Some MBED resources: http://ioclk.com/mbed-arm-rapid-prototyping-tool/
Switch Matrix Tool (Java): http://www.lpcnow.com/articles/84558/lpc800-switch-matrix-making-life-easier-one-pin-at/
a note by user mio @ MBED.org: http://mbed.org/users/mio/notebook/lpc800-mini-boards-p1-to-p44/
arm.com blog page: http://blogs.arm.com/embedded/868-the-un%E2%80%99nxp%E2%80%99ected-lpc800/
article about the LPC800 with some Switch Matrix work: http://www.microcontrollercentral.com/author.asp?section_id=1758&doc_id=255764
- Trust Technology, But Verify August 20, 2018Tech companies own many technological levers capable of dividing society. Who are we to trust them developing tech for good?
- Computer Ethics Get an Update August 20, 2018In response to significant changes in computing in the last 25 years, the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) has updated its Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
- AI Startup Hires Two Tesla EEs August 20, 2018Esperanto hired two Tesla Autopilot engineers, it said at Hot Chips where Arm, Tachyum, Xilinx and others will describe new machine-learning chips.