A new BoosterPack for Launchpad
A great product! It works with a MSP430G2553 which comes preprogrammed in the box.
OLED, DAC, DSP, microSD Card, USB mass storage, MP3 player/recorder, capacitive touch scroll wheel.
TI creates a new low power (lower! as if the old MSP430 wasn’t already a true low power mcu) mcu product line. The announced power reduction is @50% with new “Wolverine” MCU platform.
– Active power as low as 100 µA/MHz
– <400 nA standby with RTC and brown-out protection
– 250× less energy per bit with FRAM
– < 7 µs to wake to active from standby
The announced “Wolverine” keeps as many peripherals as can be in a “retention” mode using a power gating controller. Only the needed modules are fully powered, the idle ones are in “retention” mode.
The FRAM unified memory architecture can also lower all the memory power requirements.
It looks like one of the big energy efficient boards but at a nano-scale.
The announced voltages are 0.9v(GO, TI, GO!), 1.8v, 3.3v and 5v.
Product line page: http://www.ti.com/ww/en/mcu/wolverine/
- Surveys: 5G Moves to Production, Cuts Time on Social Media November 13, 2018
- Q&A with ST CEO: Who He Is, What He’s Done November 13, 2018When he became ST’s CEO, Jean-Marc Chery was one guy who didn’t need a crib sheet to catch up on the Bozotti ST playbook. Chery has long been Bozotti’s close confidant since ST initiated a drastic restructuring in 2012.
- Apple Said to Inspire Intel 5G Chip November 13, 2018Intel announced plans to ship an integrated 5G/LTE modem late next year, a part that Apple is expected to use, leaving a 2019 market open to rival Qualcomm.