A new BoosterPack for Launchpad
A great product! It works with a MSP430G2553 which comes preprogrammed in the box.
OLED, DAC, DSP, microSD Card, USB mass storage, MP3 player/recorder, capacitive touch scroll wheel.
TI creates a new low power (lower! as if the old MSP430 wasn’t already a true low power mcu) mcu product line. The announced power reduction is @50% with new “Wolverine” MCU platform.
– Active power as low as 100 µA/MHz
– <400 nA standby with RTC and brown-out protection
– 250× less energy per bit with FRAM
– < 7 µs to wake to active from standby
The announced “Wolverine” keeps as many peripherals as can be in a “retention” mode using a power gating controller. Only the needed modules are fully powered, the idle ones are in “retention” mode.
The FRAM unified memory architecture can also lower all the memory power requirements.
It looks like one of the big energy efficient boards but at a nano-scale.
The announced voltages are 0.9v(GO, TI, GO!), 1.8v, 3.3v and 5v.
Product line page: http://www.ti.com/ww/en/mcu/wolverine/
- Samsung Reportedly Plans to Cut Memory Production September 21, 2018Samsung Electronics is cutting back plans for DRAM and NAND flash production increases in an effort to keep supplies tight in the face of slowing demand, according to a report.
- Celebrating Junko Yoshida September 21, 2018EE Times' Junko Yoshida grabs a prestigious award at an auto industry event.
- Leti, VSORA Show 5G NR Air Interface on Multi-Core DSP September 21, 2018First implementation of 5G New Radio Release 15 physical layer on VSORA's multi-core DSP demonstrates that it can address timely and complex systems like 5G NR while providing a highly flexible software-defined development flow.