A new BoosterPack for Launchpad
A great product! It works with a MSP430G2553 which comes preprogrammed in the box.
OLED, DAC, DSP, microSD Card, USB mass storage, MP3 player/recorder, capacitive touch scroll wheel.
TI creates a new low power (lower! as if the old MSP430 wasn’t already a true low power mcu) mcu product line. The announced power reduction is @50% with new “Wolverine” MCU platform.
– Active power as low as 100 µA/MHz
– <400 nA standby with RTC and brown-out protection
– 250× less energy per bit with FRAM
– < 7 µs to wake to active from standby
The announced “Wolverine” keeps as many peripherals as can be in a “retention” mode using a power gating controller. Only the needed modules are fully powered, the idle ones are in “retention” mode.
The FRAM unified memory architecture can also lower all the memory power requirements.
It looks like one of the big energy efficient boards but at a nano-scale.
The announced voltages are 0.9v(GO, TI, GO!), 1.8v, 3.3v and 5v.
Product line page: http://www.ti.com/ww/en/mcu/wolverine/
- Android Wants to Be Truly Free July 19, 2018Thanks for Android, Google. Now it's time you let it go.
- Google to Appeal Record EU Fine Over Android July 19, 2018Google said it plans to appeal a record $5.1 billion antitrust fine handed down by the European Union regulators for restrictions imposed on Android device manufacturers and mobile network operators.
- ASML to Ship 20 EUV Systems in 2018 July 19, 2018Dutch equipment vendor claims progress on source power availability; says it expects to ship more than 30 additional next-generation lithography systems next year.