One of the coolest DMM on the market:
Fluke 233 – the Remote Display Multimeter
This is a great DMM, but mine has a problem: the battery life!
Leaving the meter in OFF state, after some weeks, all the batteries are dead. Happened 4 times with different batteries.
It seems that the power-off state consumption is high and approximately the same value for both units.
Some guys from Element 14 are stating that is a flaw with the meters with s/n under 138xxx:
Locates and identifies faults up to 150m or 500ft: cut, short-circuited, crossed or separated pairs, short-circuits between pairs, pair inversions and sheath / screen continuity; faults at the end of the link or installed line.
Types of cables tested: UTP & STP (SSTP & FTP) as per TIA568 A/B, ISO, EN, USOC and ISDN standards
• Source&Measure SourceMeter Instruments (SMUs)
• Integrated Switch/Multimeter Instruments
• A range of programmable DC Power Supplies
- Looking Back at Yesteryear's Measurement Tools August 22, 2017The flotsam and jetsam of gadgetry, especially old tools, can tell us interesting things about the times, the tech, and the people responsible for creating and maintaining it.
- Microsoft Describes Next Xbox SoC August 22, 2017Microsoft described at Hot Chips its Scorpio SoC in the upcoming Xbox One X and it decision not to use high-bandwidth memory.
- NAND Prices Expected to Continue Rising August 22, 2017Market watcher says supply will remain tight until later in 2018, when 3D NAND production reaches maturity.