TI announces some limited quantity MSP430 development kits in the TI eStore, the deal lasts 430 minutes and starts at 10AM UTC (4/30 2013).
eZ430-Chronos – $50
MSP-FET430U128 – $150
MSP-FET430U100B – $130
MSP-FET430U100C – $130
International shipping included.
TI’s marketing hits again!
Embedded Artists brings a compact E-Paper Display module based on the 2.7″ and 264 x 176 (117 dpi) resolution Pervasive Dispalys Inc. panel
Intended as a development tool, the module can easily be used in many projects due to his low price (29€).
- a-Si, active matrix TFT, Electronic Paper Display (EPD) panel
- 264×176 pixels @ 117dpi resolution
- Ultra low power consumption – due to its bi-stable nature, the EPD panel requires very little power to update the display and needs no power to maintain an image
- near 180° viewing angle
- No backlight – display useful in daylight applications
- SPI interface + control signals, incl a PWM signal
- Module supply voltage: 3.3V, the display is supplied with 3.0V via on-board LDO
- View area: 57.3 × 38.2 mm
- Operating temperature: 0 to +50 degrees Celsius
- No of colors: 2 – B&W
- Standard 14 pos serial expansion connector interface (2×7 shrouded pin header, 50/100 mil spacing)
- 60 x 74 mm module size
- 3.2 mm mounting holes in 52 x 66.3 mm pattern
And some E-Paper Links:
http://repaper.org/tools.html Arduino, Launchpad, aLaMode compatible
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/eink-display-shield-p-1374.html?cPath=132_134 a $49.90 Arduino Shield
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10150 E-Paper 10×2 Character Display
http://wyolum.com/re-paper-experiments/ aLaMode producer experiments with E-Paper modules
http://www.eink.com/modules.html some e-ink/e-paper info
http://www.renesasinteractive.com/file.php/1/CoursePDFs/DevCon_On-the-Road/DevCon_OnSite/HMI/Driving%20E%20Ink%20Displays.pdf Renesas – Driving E Ink Dispalys PDF – download link
The MSP-FET430UIF is a USB debugging interface used to program and debug the MSP430 through the JTAG interface or Through the 2-wire Spy Bi-Wire protocol. No external power is required.
- Software configurable supply voltage between 1.8 and 3.6 volts at 100mA
- Supports JTAG Security Fuse blow to protect code
- Supports all MSP430 boards with JTAG header
- Supports both JTAG and Spy-Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) debug protocols
TI Product Folder: http://www.ti.com/tool/msp-fet430uif
One of the best things is that it supports the whole range of MSP430. If you are new to MSP430 you can grab one bundled with a Target Board. TI’s Target Boards are using a very good quality ZIF socket (TSSOP, QFN, LQFP, SOIC, SSOP, … ), direct access to all chip pins, some quick configuration jumpers and a JTAG Cable Header.
MSP430 Buglist can be found here http://www.ti.com/sc/cgi-bin/buglist.cgi
The TI Engineer to Engineer (E2E) community can be found here: http://e2e.ti.com/
MSP430 Capacitive Touch BoosterPack
A RF BoosterPack for the LaunchPad.
A new BoosterPack for Launchpad
A great product! It works with a MSP430G2553 which comes preprogrammed in the box.
OLED, DAC, DSP, microSD Card, USB mass storage, MP3 player/recorder, capacitive touch scroll wheel.
TI creates a new low power (lower! as if the old MSP430 wasn’t already a true low power mcu) mcu product line. The announced power reduction is @50% with new “Wolverine” MCU platform.
– Active power as low as 100 µA/MHz
– <400 nA standby with RTC and brown-out protection
– 250× less energy per bit with FRAM
– < 7 µs to wake to active from standby
The announced “Wolverine” keeps as many peripherals as can be in a “retention” mode using a power gating controller. Only the needed modules are fully powered, the idle ones are in “retention” mode.
The FRAM unified memory architecture can also lower all the memory power requirements.
It looks like one of the big energy efficient boards but at a nano-scale.
The announced voltages are 0.9v(GO, TI, GO!), 1.8v, 3.3v and 5v.
Product line page: http://www.ti.com/ww/en/mcu/wolverine/
- Toolset Enables Connected Vehicle Applications October 18, 2018Tools enable applications based on Renesas' R-Car automotive system-on-chip to combine dynamic vehicle data and cloud-based data in real time to deliver new services such as predictive driving support and infotainment applications.
- Samsung Ramps 7nm EUV Chips October 18, 2018Samsung said that it has taped out multiple 7nm chips using EUV at an event where it introduced a 256-GByte RDIMM and a flash drive with an embedded FPGA.
- Pasternack Ships Military-Grade RF Cable Assemblies Same Day October 17, 2018Pasternack is offering same-day shipping on its new line of military-grade MIL-DTL-17 RF cable assemblies with certifications, traceability, and test reports for avionics, military electronics, satellite ground station and autonomous vehicle applications.