One of the coolest DMM on the market:
Fluke 233 – the Remote Display Multimeter
This is a great DMM, but mine has a problem: the battery life!
Leaving the meter in OFF state, after some weeks, all the batteries are dead. Happened 4 times with different batteries.
It seems that the power-off state consumption is high and approximately the same value for both units.
Some guys from Element 14 are stating that is a flaw with the meters with s/n under 138xxx:
Fluke brings a new GREAT tool: the VT02 Visual IR Thermometer
One great tool way under the 1000 limit. The device combines the a +-2 centigrade precise spot thermometer with a small thermal imager and provides a precise heat map on a microSD.
The SmartView analysis and reporting PC software makes reporting easy using great report templates.
Distrelec lists it under 700 euro(VAT excluded).
- Range: -10 °C to +250 °C (14 °F to 482 °F)
- Accuracy: ±2°C or ±2% of reading in °C, whichever is the greater (at 25 °C nominal) as tested
- Image capture freq.: 8 Hz
- IR Spectral Band: 6.5 µm to 14 µm
- FoV: 20° X 20°
- Operating Conditions: -10 °C to +45 °C (14 °F to 113 °F) with 10 % to 90 % non-condensing humidity
A good article about using Thermography Imaging in Home Improvement here:
Fluke Thermal Imaging Product line:
- Robo-Uber: What Went Wrong March 23, 2018The Uber dashcam footage has raised a host of fresh questions. For the tech community, it’s past time to start thinking through what could have prevented the autonomous car from killing a woman crossing the street.
- China's Fabless Firms Move up in Rankings March 23, 2018China is now the No. 3 region in terms of fabless chip suppliers, trailing only the U.S. and Taiwan, according to IC Insights.
- Path to 2 nm May Not Be Worth It March 23, 2018A panel of semiconductor experts sketched options leading to a 2-nm node, but a Qualcomm engineer warned of diminishing returns even at 7 nm.