The EFM32 Development Kit – Gecko, G890F128
EFM32 Development Kit
The EFM32 Development Kit features the EFM32G890F128 MCU (128 kB flash + 16 kB RAM) and is one of the best kits designed for low power device development.
The Advanced Energy Monitoring (AEM) system is practically a very good power monitor and logger, embedded in the Development Kit. Some other kits are doing this in the IDE, but to have it with a display onboard is awesome.
A large spectrum of techniques, from using different low power modes to switch-off peripherals can be tested directly and all with one kit.
The on-board Segger J-Link enables debugging.
The OOB configuration enables that the EFM32 can be programmed with many demo programs selected with the 320×240 TFT Display GUI and the power consumption can be monitored on the same TFT after programming.
- Single ended and differential ADC inputs on BNC connectors
- Line-in and Line-out stereo audio amplifier with 3.5 jacks
- IrDA, RS232
- MicroSD card reader
- 4MB 70ns PSRAM+ 16MB 90ns NOR Flash + 2Kb I2C EEPROM
- Accelerometer and LDR
Simplicity Studio Download: https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/Pages/simplicity-studio.aspx
A Silabs video on YouTube:
- Record Year for Semiconductor Materials Forecast April 25, 2018Chip materials market expected to top all-time high set in 2011, according to the SEMI trade group.
- Samsung's Chip Sales Leadership May be Fleeting April 25, 2018Samsung's lead over Intel in chip sales likely to evaporate when the memory market goes south, analysts say.
- As Germany's Industrie 4.0 Matures, IoT Security Stays Top of Agenda April 25, 2018IoT security news dominates at industrial and factory automation trade show in Germany.