The BASH v.<4.3 can be vulnerable. Name: Shellshock.
Some info here:
NIST NVD – Vulnerability Summary for CVE-2014-6271 – https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-6271
The Register: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/24/bash_shell_vuln/
From the Nabtobox campaign
Access anything connected.. You can access, readout the status and control your networked thermostats, stream files from your PVR or media server, view the output of your surveillance cameras, alarm-system, get files from your NAS box or file-server, stop or start your lawn irrigation system, pool control system, even if the devices didn’t have an remote connect option installed… the possibilities are endless
Nabto-box is a retrofit solution for non-remote accessible networked Gizmos. A lot of Gizmos are born with network capabilities (like Ethernet or WIFI) and some newer Gizmos can also be reached remotely with the right remote access APP or software (which btw. is what we normally do), however the vast majority of Gizmos was only designed with local network access in mind, combined with cumbersome remote access. This is not a direct reflection of the vendor, it’s because remote P2P access is hard to do.
Announced price: $65 + shipping. For tinkerers and testers the campaign brings also some other solutions starting from $29.
If it will prove that is a secure device, it may be a great addon to any Home Automation Solution.
LDAP, Radius, Single Sign-On and Smart Card authentication solutions supported.
A great Remote Access Appliance.
This morning I found A GREAT RFC, the 3251.
RFC 3251 - Electricity over IP
I think this may be the solution. Unfortunately, it was one of the best kept secrets. Let's make it public available! Is about 11 years old and only pour connaisseurs.
UltraDedup is a command line program created to ease the storage of backup files of VMWare virtual machine files by compressing and/or removing duplicate data.
A command line example that will create a Chapter (= a collection of files) in an Archive and place two files in it:
ultradedup p "f:\MyArchives\VHD_Miller.ud"
–n "Some chapter name"
This is one of the most complex malware/threat till now.
Reading the Kaspersky article http://www.securelist.com/en/blog/208193522/The_Flame_Questions_and_Answers#page_top this malware seems to be a complex remote management and automation tool.
- appears to be able to record audio via the microphone
- sniffs the network traffic
- takes screenshots
- intercepts the keyboard
- Tech Weapons, Walls and Shared Wells December 10, 2018The next big war has already started with nations using technology and global corporations as both weapons and targets--we can do better.
- Arm Releases IoT Predictions for 2019 December 10, 2018IP vendor shares what it thinks will happen in Io in 2019 as well as results of a consumer survey about IoT, machine learning, artificial intelligence and 5G.
- Mobile Networks Shutdown: a Sign of What's to Come? December 10, 2018An expired software certificate seems to have caused a shutdown in mobile networks in the UK and Japan last week, causing significant disruption. Is this a sign of things to come with hidden IoT devices everywhere?