Fake DS18B20 found
Bought a small lot of DS18B20 from a small Chinese Online Shop…
None of them working. Behavior like a shorted component.
Testing them with a small component analyzer (ESR meter, large screen version) resulted as NPN transistors. Beware.
This gallery contains 8 photos.
COTS Test series – Wireless Power – part 1
Testing this pair of Wireless Power Transmitter + Receiver I noticed that the output current measured was 10% of the stated value. I start to peel off the receiver and try to measure what that coil (not litzwire) receives.
Transmitter Coil: 3uH
Receiver Coil: 3uH without shield
Waveform and measurements:
The SKEDD line of PCB connectors by WE
One alternative solution for a press-fit PCB connector is the WE Patented SKEDD contact. A great solution seems to be the 3 row shrouded locking connector concept announced by WE.
WE SKEDD’s wire to board, SKW connector designed for white goods can sustain a 400v/20A power transfer to a 1.6mm PCB. Mating cycles 5.
The Component to board series can simply eliminate the need for a socket. Some uses: relays, fuses and leds.
ATECC108 is a ECDSA Crypto Authentication Chip that is using key sizes of 256 or 283 bits and supports I²C communication (< 1Mb/sec) and Single-Wire Interface.
- NIST B283/K283/P256 bit ECC (ECDSA) Engine (~60ms Sign Protocol)
- ECC Key Generation, Signature Computation, and Signature Verification
- 256 bit SHA Hardware Engine
- Multi-level Hardware FIPS Random Number Generator
- Complete Client and Host Functionality in Same Device
- 72 bit Unique ID/Serial Number
- I²C, Single-Wire Interface
- 2.0V – 5.5V Operation, 150nA Standby Current
- 8-lead UDFN (2mm x 3mm), 8-lead SOIC, 3-lead Contact, WLCSP (Future)
Datasheet & Documents:
MAX15062 : 60V, 300mA, Ultra-Small, High-Efficiency, Synchronous Step-Down, PFM, DC-DC Converter
Product folder: http://www.maximintegrated.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/7171
3.3 volt MAX15062AEVKIT http://www.maximintegrated.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/8178
5 volt MAX15062BEVKIT http://www.maximintegrated.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/8179
- Power dissipation PCM: 0.1W
- Gate Current G: 10mA
- Drain current : 1mA
- Drain-Source voltage VGDO: -20 V
TI announces the LMP91200 configurable AFE as the latest in the advanced family of sensor solutions, the industry’s first integrated pH sensor AFE circuit that interfaces with all of today’s pH sensors.
Analog Voltage AV/DD Range: 1.8-5.5VDC
Supply Current: 0.05mA
The ADuM4160 is a USB port isolator, based on Analog Devices Coupler® technology.
- Direction of Data Flow detection
- Upstream facing port isolation
- Voltage: 3.1 to 5.5V
The TLV1117 is a positive low-dropout voltage regulator designed to provide up to 800 mA of output current.
The device is available in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 3.3-V, 5-V, and adjustable-output voltage options.
All internal circuitry is designed to operate down to 1-V input-to-output differential. Dropout voltage is specified at a maximum of 1.3 V at 800 mA, decreasing at lower load currents.
- Intel Banks on Artificial Intelligence June 23, 2017Intel is investing in artificial-intelligence startups, acquiring others, and blending the mix with its own AI expertise to ensure a leadership position in machine learning, deep learning, and brainlike neural networks based on its AI hardware and software.
- SiLabs CEO Plots Slow, Steady IoT Strategy June 23, 2017"IoT is in a bit of a trough right now," Silicon Labs' CEO said, just as he was leaving the ballroom where he delivered a keynote entitled "Accelerating the IoT." Is he sensing a whiff of IoT backlash?
- NOR Prices Forecast to Rise 20% in Q3 June 23, 2017New and rapidly growing applications are ratcheting up demand for NOR flash while some companies are scaling back production, according to DRAMeXchange.